Sunday 15 February 2009

My New Zealand Studio

Here is a series of paintings from my studio in New Zealand from 2008. I did an exchange in painting and Fine Arts in Aucland New Zealand, where I was supervised by the artists Mark Braunias, Http://markbraunias.co.nz and Kristy Gorman. The work is different from my illustrations but I learned many paintings techniques that I can now apply to my illustrations. I also developed my drawing techniques with big paint brushes on a big format. This series of paintings is inspired from my illustration wire works and involves workings on many layers.

1 comment:

Ingvild said...

Hei!
Plutselig oppdaga eg at du har ei hjemmesia! Så kjekt! Nå legge eg deg te på listå mi. Sko så gjerna våre å sitt utstillingen din i Edinburg, men eg har ikkje hatt verken tid eller penger te det. Mor å dei kom jo hjem ikveld, så nå ska eg ta en tur ner te di å hørra litt koss di har hatt det. Du e heilt utrolige te å tegna/mala! Synd eg ikkje arva di genene der - haha! :) Ingvild